The process of folding a fitted sheet usually ends with angrily rolling the sheet into a ball and throwing it into a drawer just to get it out of your face. Why does it have to be so difficult? What makes fitted sheets so challenging to fold? Folding a fitted sheet properly is one of adulthood’s greatest mysteries, but there is a way to neatly fold and tuck your fitted sheets away.
Taming the Beast
Fitted sheets are like temperamental toddlers that scream for no reason. Fortunately, there is a way to tame the fitted sheet.
- Turn the fitted sheet inside out and lengthwise then fold the corners in together.
- Make sure to place the right corner over the left corner.
- Bring the front bottom corner up to the top with the other corners.
- Grab the remaining corner and fold it over the other corners, straightening the edges of the sheet.
- Now, place the sheet down with the folded corners facing up.
- Make a rectangular shape by folding the sides in.
- Use your hands to smooth out wrinkles.
- Then, you fold the sheet into vertical thirds and follow that by folding the sheets into horizontal thirds.
If this method does not work for you, there is another way of folding a fitted sheet outlined here.
See how to fold a fitted sheet here:
Neat and Tidy – Finally!
Now that you’ve learned how to fold a fitted sheet, your linen closet or drawer will be the tidiest one in the neighborhood. Seriously – make sure you brag about your perfectly folded fitted sheets to your friends. You’ll be the talk of the town, and you’ll also probably be recruited to teach everyone else how to folded their fitted sheets!