Have you ever accidentally shrunk your favorite T-shirt? It’s infuriating! You cannot just replace the comfort and perfect feel of your favorite shirt. But what can you do once the damage is already done? Luckily, there is a way to “unshrink” T-shirts that can remedy this situation.
Honey, I Shrunk Your Shirt
As unfortunate as it feels when you discover that you’ve shrunk your shirt, there is no reason to toss it out in frustration. This process can unshrink your shirt and restore it to its previous splendor. You’ll need water, hair conditioner or baby shampoo, towels, and your shrunken shirt. Then, follow these steps.
- Fill a large container, sink, or tub with lukewarm water.
- Add the conditioner or the baby shampoo to the water and mix it. You need to add enough to make the water turns a bit bubbly.
- Lay your shirt on top of the water, making sure it is flat. Push it down into the water.
- Leave the shirt to soak in the water for 15 minutes.
- Remove the shirt from the water and squeeze out as much water as you can.
- Put your shirt on top of a dry towel then put another dry towel on top of the shirt. Roll up the towels and squeeze to remove more moisture.
- Once your shirt is only damp and not wet, put it on top of another dry towel and stretch the shirt out with your hands until it is back to its original size.
- Hang the shirt to dry fully.
See how to unshrink your clothes here:
Back to Good
This unshrinking method works on many different types of clothes and fabrics, so you no longer have to stress over shrunken clothes. However, do not throw caution to the wind. The best way to preserve the fit of your favorite clothes is to launder them properly and with care.